"Welcome to Howest University of Applied Sciences"
Howest is a dynamic University of Applied Sciences known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education and research, and its close collaboration with industry, business and the social profit sector.
We offer 23 bachelor degree programmes with a strong practical focus, in the areas of Business & Management, Industrial Sciences & Technology, Architecture, Healthcare, Education and Social Sciences. Howest is a member of Ghent University Association, which provides high-quality higher education to about 1/3 of Flanders’ student population. All programmes are fully accredited by NVAO, the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation.
Howest continuously adapts its curricula to include new areas of knowledge and to put the latest research into practice. Creativity and entrepreneurship are part of the Howest DNA. Field-driven assignments and on-the-job training are key components of each programme. That is how we meet the changing needs of today’s society and arm our students with future-proof skills.
Committed and supportive lecturers embody Howest’s core values “serve - empower - care” which stimulate an open, pluralistic and international outlook on education, research and service to society.
Over the years, Howest has built a solid reputation in application-oriented scientific research, services and education, partnering with universities and work-field organisations in Belgium, Europe, and all over the world. Our students and staff are given plenty of opportunities to go global and gain international experience, thanks to international networks, scholarships and exchange programmes. Howest has led or actively participated in many highly successful international projects.
We constantly develop our course offer in English in order to position Howest as an attractive academic choice for students from abroad, who are looking for an open, vibrant, cosmopolitan and friendly destination. We warmly welcome students from our Erasmus and overseas partner universities for an exchange period.
Our four campuses are located in the historical cities of Bruges and Kortrijk, in the province of West Flanders, Belgium. Studying in Bruges or Kortrijk includes having a series of very attractive locations nearby: the Belgian coast as well as our Flemish art cities like Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent... You can also reach famous European places like Paris, London, Amsterdam, Cologne in a one or two hours train journey.
In short, Howest is a university where learning is both effective and enjoyable.
COMPANY & ORGANISATION
- (Postgraduaat) Human Resource Management
- (Specialisation track) Digital Office Tools
- (Specialisation track) Health Care Preparation Programme
- (Specialisation track) Human Resource Management
- (verkort traject) Communicatiemanagement
- (verkort traject) Toerisme en recreatiemanagement
- Chinese Language
- Start-Up School
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
- Applied Architecture (Bruges)
- Applied Informatics (Bruges)
- Biomedical Laboratory Technology (Bruges)
- Digital Arts and Entertainment (Kortrijk)
- Digital Design and Development (Devine) (Kortrijk)
- Energy management (Kortrijk)
- Industrial Product Design (Kortrijk)
- New Media and Communication Technology (NMCT) (Kortrijk)
- (English-taught semester) Applied Computer Sciences
- (English-taught semester) Bioinformatics
- (English-taught semester) Digital Creative Projects in Product Design
- (English-taught semester) Energy Management
- (English-taught semester) Infrastructure Engineer Foundations
- (English-taught semester) Integrated Building Design and Construction
- (English-taught semester) Methodology in Product Design
- (English-taught semester) Realisation in Product Design
- (Postgraduaat) Applied AI
- (postgraduaat) BIM-expert-modelleur
- (postgraduate) BIM
- (postgraduate) Cutting for Laboratory Technologists
- (postgraduate) Data Protection Officer
- (postgraduate) Integral Product Development
- (postgraduate) Masterclass Industrial Design Engineering
- (postgraduate) Renovation Techniques and Monument Care
- Toegepaste bio-informatica in de medische moleculaire diagnostiek
HUMAN & WELFARE
- Applied Health and Lifestyle Sciences (Bruges)
- Applied Psychology (Bruges)
- Nursing (Bruges)
- Occupational Therapy (Kortrijk)
- Social Work (Bruges and Kortrijk)
- Sports and Movement (Bruges)
- Teacher Training: Elementary Education (Bruges)
- Teacher Training: Nursery Education (Bruges)
- Teacher Training: Secondary Education (Bruges)
SPECIFIC TEACHER TRAINING
- (postgraduaat) Chinese Gezondheidszorg
- (Postgraduaat) Migration & refugees
- (postgraduaat) Orthomoleculaire Gezondheidzorg
- (postgraduate) Acupuncture
- (postgraduate) Cardiologic Nursing
- (postgraduate) Coaching people by means of horses
- (postgraduate) Durable Development
- (postgraduate) Functional Trainer
- (postgraduate) Non-confessional Ethics
- (postgraduate) Nursing Reasoning
- (postgraduate) Peer Support Coach
- (postgraduate) Professional Title Nurse Specialised in Intensive Care and Emergencies' Care
- (postgraduate) Solution-oriented Cognitive Behaviour-Psychotherapy
- (postgraduate) Solution-oriented Counseling
- (postgraduate) Stomatherapy and Wound Care - EduWond
- Slaapschool - Opleiding tot slaapcoach bij baby's, kinderen en jongeren
- Slaapschool - opleiding tot slaapcoach bij volwassenen
- Werken met ouders en kinderen