Policy advisor International Recruitment
Assignment for an indefinite period of time as from as soon as possible.
Knowledge institutions in West Flanders as Howest University of Applied Sciences are focusing on English degrees and advanced programmes to attract (international) talents to WestFlanders. Howest is looking for a policy advisor to develop and implement a strategy regarding international brand visibility and recruitment for Howest in general and for the non-Dutch study programmes specifically.
The policy advisor translates the strategy into operational workflows and supports Howest study programmes in the recruitment and admission of international students.
The main tasks are as follows:
- Analyse the needs of the non-Dutch study programmes
- Collaboration with Howest internal services to give international visibility to Howest and its non-Dutch study programmes, and actively promote these through online branding on portal sites, ‘ranking’ sites, elaboration of communication carriers in English, howest website and social media, etc.
- Recruit new students and set up cooperation initiatives with recruitment organisations (elaborate policy and contracts).
- Optimise and support the international student admission
- Communication with prospective international students and assist in the elaboration of the required reception and environment factors for international students on our campuses.
- Assist in the development of an (international) community that will eventually also include alumni
- Get in-depth knowledge of relevant legislative provisions and financing possibilities and mechanisms for international students who come to study at Howest.
- Assume the ambassadorship for Howest on national and international forums (international Higher Education Fairs, recruitment events, etc.)
Required diploma and/or knowledge:
• Master degree
• Knowledge of Flemish higher education and the international (higher) educational landscape would be an asset.
• Excellent oral and written knowledge of the English language, at least on C1 level of the ERK. At least passive knowledge of Dutch and willing to learn Dutch up to B2 level.Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
In case you are the holder of a foreign diploma, a recognition of equivalence shall be added.
• You have customer focus and commercial skills; you can convince people and stimulate their enthusiasm: you are good at “pitching” and listening.
• You are resourceful and result-oriented.
• You can empathize with the living world of students/youngsters.
• You are internationally-oriented and prepared to travel on a regular basis.
• You have a firm dose of intercultural awareness and intercultural skills.
• You like to work in a team.
• You can manage projects with a large sense of responsibility and taking several stakeholders into account.
• You are a “tractor” and you have the ‘make it happen’-mentality.
• You are flexible in working and performance regulations.
• You master the most current software packages.
• You smoothly deal with social media/digital communication channels.
Experience in recruiting communication and in international student recruitment would be an advantage. Work experience abroad/with foreign countries would be an asset.
Howest offers you a dynamic working environment, in which Serve, Care and Empowerment are central. We resolutely opt for team-oriented cooperation within a learning organization. Each staff member has the opportunity to further develop and in that way to help realising the mission of our University of Applied Sciences and Arts and to fulfil an important social role.
Candidatures are exclusively sent electronically via http://ses.howest.be. and this on April 19 at the very latest. First, you register with a login and a password. We also ask you to upload your C.V., motivation letter and diploma into the system. After that registration, you shall also effectively apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Candidates are first screened on the basis of the C.V. and motivation letter. Eligible candidates will be invited for a selection interview on April 29th at Marksesteenweg 58, 8500 Kortrijk.