Enroll and info
English-taught or Dutch-taught programmes
Are you an INTERNATIONAL student or a Belgian student with an INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA and want to study in one of our English-taught or Dutch-taught programmes? Follow the instructions for international applications as described below.
Are you a prospective student with a BELGIAN nationality (or permanent residence in Belgium) AND a DIPLOMA obtained in BELGIUM? Then you can follow the standard enrolment procedure as described here on the Howest website in Dutch.
If you are interested in one of our exchange semesters, you can find the complete guide on how to apply here.
- Application processing fee is 75 EUR. This amount is not-refundable, however, upon your registration at Howest it will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- Applications start on the 1st of February, to begin your studies in the autumn semester of the same year.
- Application deadlines for the academic year 2021-2022 are the following:
- June 30th, 2021 for students who will need to apply for a visa in order to study in Belgium
- August 15th, 2021 for EU citizens and other applicants who don't require a visa.
Average processing time of your application is two to three weeks. Please take into account that Howest University of Applied Sciences is closed for summer recess between July 17th and August 15th. During that time no emails will be answered and no application files will be processed.
- Our academic calendar is split up in 2 semesters. Students applying for degree programmes are only admitted at the start of the academic year, i.e. to begin their studies in the autumn semester (September). Starting classes in the spring semester is not possible, because the 2nd-semester courses build on top of the 1st-semester ones. The only exception is some Postgraduate Certificate programmes that take place in the spring semester.
- The information below is a summary of relevant parts from the Howest Education and Examination Code. Consult the official document in Dutch or in English.
You can contact our Admissions Officer Mr. Thobias Expeel at firstname.lastname@example.org