Enrol and info
English-taught or Dutch-taught programmes
Are you an international or Belgian student with a non-Belgian diploma and wanting to study in one of our English-taught or Dutch-taught programmes? Follow the instructions for international applications as described below.
Are you a prospective student with a BELGIAN nationality (or permanent residence in Belgium) AND a DIPLOMA obtained in BELGIUM? Then you can follow the standard enrolment procedure as described here on the Howest website in Dutch.
If you are interested in one of our exchange semesters, you can find the complete guide on how to apply here.
- The application processing fee is 75 EUR. This amount is non-refundable, however, upon successful registration at Howest it will be deducted from the tuition fee.
- Registration for the Autumn semester starts on the 1st of February, to begin your studies in the autumn semester of the same year.
- Application deadlines for the academic year 2021-2022 are the following:
- June 30th, 2021 for students who will need to apply for a visa in order to study in Belgium
- August 15th, 2021 for EU citizens and other applicants who don't require a visa.
Average processing time for applications is two to three weeks. Please take into account that Howest University of Applied Sciences is closed for summer recess between 17 July and 15 August. During that time no emails will be answered and no application files will be processed.
- Our academic calendar is split into 2 semesters. Students applying for degree programmes are only admitted at the start of the academic year. With the exception of a few postgraduate certificate programmes, it is not possible to start classes in the spring semester. This is because the second semester courses build on top of those from the first semester ones.
- The information below is a summary of the Howest Education and Examination Regulations. Consult the official document in Dutch or in English for more details.
You can contact our Admissions Officer Mr. Thobias Expeel at firstname.lastname@example.org