Research and services
The Bioinformatics training programme attaches great value to applied research and services for various European institutions. To this end, the BioInformatics Knowledge Centre (BiKC) was recently established as a reliable partner with a solution-oriented approach.
The BiKC focuses on the analysis and visualization of large amounts of data, building applications and pipelines and fulfilling an advisory role within the agro-food and health sector.
Within this context, the BiKC works closely together with the Biomedical Laboratory Science programme. In this way, we can provide an end-to-end approach to the research question (from DNA extraction to reporting). The focus here is on the application of third generation sequencing within the agro-food and health sector.
Overview of previous and current research projects with an (external) partner:
- Optimization, validation and implementation of nanopore sequencing technology for biomedical and engineering applications (PWO project NanoDeTech)
- Imputation of non-genotyped markers; building a Docker container for automated imputation
- Bacterial and viral nanopore sequencing and annotation
- Modelling and docking of connexins (publication)
- Development of a Shiny app for MS-PEP data analysis (app)
All projects are coordinated by a research coordinator and carried out by researchers and/or students associated with the bioinformatics programme.
In need of bioinformatics expertise?
Perhaps we can help you in one of the following ways:
• In the form of (paid) services, we work together to find a solution to your problem.
• We become partners in a research project with a cooperation agreement.
• One (or more) of our students will do their traineeship in your company/research group.
In need of professionalization?
We can offer customized workshops or study days/afternoons for both companies and secondary schools.
Contact us via email@example.com to discuss a possible collaboration or bioinformatics training à la carte!