Stricter measures in code red from 30/10 to 30/11
As a result of the continuing upward trend in the COVID-19 figures, the Flemish Government imposed stricter rules for higher education on 30/10. Everyone has to limit social contacts to bring the corona curve back down.
Therefore, only distance learning is allowed from Friday evening October 30th to Monday evening November 30th. This means that:
- Educational activities involving physical contact between or with students are not possible. Online activities are possible.
- Any planned evaluation moments are postponed or digitally organized.
- Internships can continue as planned and according to the rules of the sectors, in mutual understanding between the internship company, educational institution and student.
- Only 1 exception to these rules is allowed: practicals, skills training and internships are still possible in the nursing bachelor program.
The impact of the above measures on the education and evaluation activities of your study program will be communicated by the study program responsible via Leho and the timetable. Keep in mind that additional rules apply for remote digital exams. The general principles are included in Howest Education and Examination Regulations Article 74 (www.howest.be/eer). Any additional specific provisions will be clearly communicated by the lecturer through Leho.
In order to provide the students with the best possible support in online education, the following services are further offered by Howest:
- Because we realize that the home situation is not an ideal study place for everyone, Howest has decided to provide Coronaproof quiet study spaces on its campuses Bruges Station 5 and Kortrijk Weide The Penta from November 3rd. Please note: this "facility" is only granted after approval of a motivated application via the talent coach or Stuvo employee via faciliteiten.howest.be. Only in this way can Howest correctly implement the safety provisions.
- The Howest libraries continue to offer their services online and provide a collection service by appointment for all physical works. All information about this on bib.howest.be.
- The Howest ICT helpdesk and the system administrators are ready to support you with advice and service in case of ICT problems. Every working day there is helpdesk on duty from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm via the following channels:
- By telephone via the central helpdesk number: +32 56/28 60 60 (tip: save this number in your mobile phone).
- By email via the central helpdesk mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who cannot be helped on-line and require physical intervention can visit the helpdesk rooms on our campuses:
- Campus Brugge Station, building BST5, room BST.B.0.004
- Campus Kortrijk Weide, building The Penta, room P.2.007 or General Services building, room E.2.008
- The Howest student administration office can be reached online for all your questions regarding your student administration file (www.howest.be/student-secretariat). Fysiek bezoek kan enkel op afspraak.
- Do you need a good conversation, do you have questions about financial support or do you want some good study tips? The Howest student facilities (Stuvo) are available online for all your questions (www.howest.be/stuvo).
If the situation permits, and after positive advice from the Minister of Education, from December 1st, physical contact education will be organised for the first-year students and the organization of tutorials, practicals and exercises will again be possible for all students.
Do not forget that you can contact your lecturer or program manager with any question. We attach great importance to the approachability of every Howest lecturer. This applies equally well to digital contact! Never hesitate to get in touch. We are going through this black month of November together!